Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sad Roadtrip

Josh's dads sister, Linda, which makes her his aunt was put into ICU two weeks ago. She is diabetic and so she has had a few health issues throughout the years. My mom told me that she had a kidney transplant a while back. Now she needed another kidney transplant as well as open heart surgery. She was on dialysis 4 times a day and a ventilator. It was pretty scary to hear. She was flown to Pittsburgh from Erie to have the surgery there. She had the open heart surgery. Everything seemed to go really well. They were surprised at how well and how quickly she was recovering. They moved her out of ICU and she seemed to be out of the woods. Then last night they sat her up and apparently her heart stopped, they were unable to start it again and she passed away. I definitely want to make the trip for the funeral. No arrangements have been made yet so I'm not sure exactly when I'll be going. It looks like I may be making the trip by myself. I've driven the whole thing before but I've never been the only one in the car. It will be a little scary. Today my whole mission is to get my car completely ready for the trip. It's possible that my mom will come and then we can take her car but if she can't I need mine to be ready. I got new tires put on and they broke one of the lug nuts so I need that replaced before I get on the road. John is getting that part today and can do that for me. He will also be changing my oil today. I just bought a compressor for the car because it needs a new one for the air conditioner to work. It doesn't look like we'll have time to get that on so it will be a hot trip.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm sorry to hear that! can John not go with you?

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!