Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Lot Sore

Today John had a softball tournament and like the loving girlfriend that I am I went to cheer on the team. It was kinda cloudy this morning at 11am when we got there but it was HOTT, yes I used two t's to stress the hottness! I thought about sunscreen while we were on our way there but we didn't really have time to stop. I figured that someone there would have some to share. None of the moms with their kids were there to watch, probably because it was so hot. Since the sun wasn't even really out it just slipped my mind a little. I have red hair and very fair skin though so it was very foolish of me to forget that! Now, I look like a lobster!!!!! This is seriously the most painful sun burn that I have ever had. I felt bad for the people around me because I'm sure I was like a heater to them, the way the heat just radiated off my legs. My legs are the worst of it. It hurts in my joints everytime I move. When I got home I was so sweaty, acky, and exhausted. First thing I did was take a shower and it was very painful!!! I don't do cold showers well but the hot was so painful. I wanted cold water on my legs and hot water on my head! haha The shower was nice and refreshing, although painful. Then I put some aloe lotion on to take away some of the sting. It hasn't really helped though. I hate putting that stuff on because then I feel like I need another shower to wash it off and make me clean again. Right now my hair is still in a towel because I am too exhausted to do anything with it. Everyone told me to put vinegar on it and that would help take some sting out. I'm kind of desperate so I may try it, even though I can't stand vinegar or the smell. Plus I'm a little afraid that it will burn a lot. I'm pretty sure I will go to sleep tonight having done nothing to my hair after my shower and I'm pretty sure that I will not wake up early enough to do anything with it. AND I DON'T CARE! The sun is just so draining and I was in it all day so thats a lot of drainage. I think my bed is calling my name right now. Yes, yes it is!

No comments: